Spread the love
Steps: How to Install Google T.V.
Google TV is internet television software that can be installed on any web-enabled TV. This software will allow you to watch combined media on your screen. You can browse the internet as well as watch television on the same screen. This internet TV software enables you to watch HD videos from streaming sites such as YouTube and Netflix. The latest version is powered by and based on the Android platform, therefore you can also play and interact with Android apps on the screen. An advanced feature for searching and filtering video content according to your preferences is also available. In order to watch Google TV, you have to either buy a Google-TV-compliant HDTV or install a set-up box that can be purchased from electronic retailers such as Sony or Logitech. Here are the steps to set up Google T.V.
Tools and Materials Required:
- Revue Box: To be plugged on your HDTV
- Cable Box: Enables cable connection from Revue Box to your HDTV
- Satellite Box: Enables wireless connection from Revue Box to your satellite TV
- HDMI Cable: To connect Revue Box to your HDTV
- Ethernet Cable: Runs from Revue Box ethernet port to router/modem
- Keyboard Controller: Allows you to control the settings by using a touchpad and keyboard
- Existing HD Television: This is required if you don’t have a Google-TV-supported television.
- Google-TV-supported Television: A Revue box and Cable/Satellite box are not required if you have a compliant television.
- Internet Connection: This is a must if you want to surf the internet on your TV.
- TV Camera: This allows you to make live video calls and your friends will see you on video while you are talking.
Method 1: Setting Up Google-TV-compliant Television.
With this method, you will be required to buy a new HD television that has inbuilt support for Google TV, so you don’t need to buy any extra items for setting up. All the accessories required for the set-up e.g. cables and DVDs should be provided.
1. Step 1: Go to an electronic retailer that sells Google-TV-compliant HD televisions. Sony is one of the most popular and trusted brands that manufacturers this type of televisions.
2. Step 2: Unpack your HD television and look for an Ethernet cable that comes with the package. Connect one end of this cable to the television internet port and the other end to the router / modem.
3. Step 3: Switch on the television. On your remote control, proceed as follows, choose your language > country > ZIP code > Continue > Network Setup [Google T.V.] > Wired Network > Auto.
Method 2: Setting Up Google TV with Logitech or Sony Set-Up Box.
This method does not require you to buy a new HD Television if you already have one. You only need to buy a Google-TV set-up box from Logitech or Sony, then connect it your television. There is support for both cable and satellite TV.
1. Step 1: Unpack the set-up box that contains the internet TV software.
2. Step 2 : Using an HDMI cable, connect the set-up box to your television
3. Step 3 : Connect an Ethernet cable from the router / modem to the internet port on the set-up box
4. Step 4: Switch on your television, then switch on the set-up box. Read the manufacturer’s instructions on how to set up the TV inputs for your new connection.
5. Step 5: Use the normal satellite or cable TV remote control to select TV channels, and use the provided remote control to open the internet TV software and watch Google Television, browse the internet or interact with Android apps.
To get Google Television, go to http://www.google.com/tv/getit.html
Google TV has cool features, now you can surf the web and watch TV in the comfort of your home. No need to get your laptop or go to your desktop when you want to surf the internet. Just sit on your sofa and do everything on your Television. You can also use your iphone or android phone as a remote control for Google HD TV.A voice enabled search with custom tones is also possible to find what you are looking for. Instead of watching slow loading videos on the internet, you can now watch the same videos at uninterrupted speed on TV by clicking a button. You can also listen to music from Napster or Pandora on your TV.
Simultaneously watch TV and browse the internet by splitting your screen into two. Your web-enabled TV can be turned into an internet “Home Page” allowing you to access your favourite websites via the Google Chrome web browser. You can create a TV Playlist from the web content that you are surfing as well as record videos using the search bar. What more, there is no content that you cannot watch on Google TV. You can even turn your HD screen into a beautiful slideshow of high quality pictures which can be streamed onto your TV from various picture galleries and photo sharing sites on the internet. Go to Flickr, Tiny Pic or Facebook and view your pics on HDTV.
Spread the love